Undoubtedly, the Internet is swamped with a plethora of web hosting service providers.
There are many web hosting companies that have earned a good reputation in the market over a couple of years and some are still trying to prove worth their salt in the competitive landscape.
Perhaps you must have already heard about eHost.
For those out there who aren’t much acquainted with this hosting service provider, here’s the elaborate eHost Review.
Introduction To the Company
eHost is the flagship brand of the Endurance International Group, which is one of the world’s largest web hosting companies running over sixty different hosting brands under its umbrella.
EIG originally began as BizLand, but then later set off acquiring smaller web hosting businesses to expand their customer-base.
Before we proceed to the detailed eHost Review. Here is a special offer that we have found for you.
Let’s have a look at what eHost has to offer to its customers. They are presently running a 50% promotional introductory offer, wherein the company is offering their web hosting plan for only $2.75 per month with FREE DOMAIN, Website Builder, Website Templates, Email Accounts, Marketing tools and $100 Bing/Yahoo Ad credits. Isn’t that an awesome deal? Check out the eHost Coupon at the end of this article.
Probably you will find other hosting providers (Godaddy for instance) offering hosting services for more, however, if you compare both, immediately you will get to know the real difference and will consider eHost a better option.
Well, I can understand that Godaddy is a big name in the industry, however, trying with service providers like eHost when they are offering you hosting services at a cheap price then why not trying giving a shot once.
Going forward, if you’re thinking of hosting a new website, anything exceeding $15/month will possibly mean over-egging the pudding. Moreover, you will be utilizing only a fraction of the resources. I remember how much upset I was when I had learned that I was just utilizing barely 15% of the resources relative to the price I was paying the same.
To have a broader perspective of the service provider, let’s have a detailed breakdown of the services eHost offers to the customers:
The detailed eHost Review begins from here. We have mentioned eHost Pros & Cons to give you a better idea of the web host.
Pros of eHost Web Hosting Services
Web hosting services and plans- A Great Value for Money
When you buy the shared hosting plan from eHost, you will not only get an account but also you can avail the benefit of a free domain name on signup (as I mentioned before). You will also be eligible to leverage some of their freebies and value-added services.
|Payment Schedule||Monthly Price||Discounted Price||Setup Fee||Domain Name|
After all, who doesn’t like to have those exclusive freebies that you get while purchasing any product or service? So, here we go:
- FREE DOMAIN NAME – You can get your own Free Domain Name with almost all hosting plans offered by the company.
- FREE Email Address -Now you can set up unlimited email addresses with email forwarding and autoresponder provision.
- FREE Website Builder- You can select out of 1000s of professional website templates with instant access to the drag and drop website editor, blog tool, photo galleries, online store, webmaster tool and other widgets. Whoa!!
- FREE Ad Credits- Enjoy Free ad credits worth £100 for search engines such as Bing and Yahoo.
- Besides, you can even make most of their marketing suite in which you will be getting Site Analytics Software, Website authentic seal, and SEO tools and tips absolutely FREE.
Well, there are other hosting companies that charge an additional amount for a website builder or they won’t provide this tool. With eHost’s plan, that isn’t the case.
cPanel – Easy to Use Web Hosting Control Panel
Earlier they were running their website and services on vDeck, but as an advanced and experienced web hosting service provider does, they too reformed with the advanced technologies to cater all the advanced features to their client. They offer cPanel to the customers so that a user can have full control over his or her account, add new domains, install customized scripts like Drupal, WordPress, Magento, or Joomla, and so on.
Drag & Drop Website Builder
This is a great tool for the newbies like me. It was really helpful for me while building my website as it helped me to create my own web page, publish the content, upload product images, create galleries and slide-share of the best products, and create an additional contact form to publish it online. And you won’t believe me, fellas, I didn’t write a single line of code. If I can create a website with the help of their advanced website builder tool, then I would say anyone can do that. Trust me, for this, you don’t need to technically strong.
Money back guarantee
eHost offers 45-day time span for money- back guarantee.
If you buy an account with a 45-day money-back guarantee and then cancel within the first 45 days of the commencement of the first term (the “Money-Back Guarantee Period”), you will definitely get a refund of your money on written request to their support team after 90 days of the termination or cancellation request.
Another important point to note is that they refund for basic shared hosting services and will not include the administrative fees, installation fees for custom software or other setup and additional services fees. That’s a pretty fair deal I think so.
Side Note: eHost gives no refunds if you make a payment through these methods: bank wire transfers, Western Union payments, checks and money orders.
To prevent the data loss, they have set their systems to take backups once every week and can overwrite your previous backups.
If you look at on its positive side, it is a good thing, for instance, your data are corrupted or lost, and you can recover from their backups.
Note: They only keep one-week-old backups.
Here is the screenshot was taken from their terms of services (TOS).
Although this is the case with almost all the shared hosting providers. eHost is not new to have these terms for data backup. Every shared hosting provider wants that you take care of backups.
If you don’t know how to take backups, you can always refer to their knowledge base.
Doesn’t misleads customers
Like other web hosts, eHost does not promise to offer unlimited disk space. They have clearly mentioned on their website that the storage area and bandwidth are unmetered, which means you need to keep a check on your usage; else your services will be suspended.
They have a team of pro analyst who determines the usage of users with the help of regular statistical analyses.
eHost promises to offer 99.9% of guaranteed uptime.
To check out whether the company is actually fulfilling the promises made to the customer, I monitored few websites hosted on eHost.com servers and their results were satisfactory.
I conducted online speed test on few website like Bitcha. The overall response time of the website is 81% faster than other servers and the website rated the server B grade.
We also use an uptime monitoring tool known as UptimeRobot and test record eHost uptime. Below is the result of our findings.
During the month we record total uptime of eHost server as 99.86% which is very close to the guaranteed uptime of 99.9%.
This was the uptime of just 30 days. When we’ll calculate the uptime of entire one year, we are confident that the uptime will be better.
Excellent Support Team
eHost offers round the clock customer support services through three different means:
- Chat support
- Phone support
- Email support services
As a customer, you won’t feel that your queries or technical issues are not attended properly. The proactive team of the eHost is readily available at your disposal through different means and can provide you with right information timely.
The nice thing about their support team is they proactively notify you if your website is hacked or affected due to some virus. In addition, until you remove those affected files, you will be blocked. For the time being, it does create a mess and annoys the user, but it is for the benefit of the user and other users connected to their server. Overall, they have a good support team.
Performance of Web Servers
To give you a better idea of how eHost web hosting services perform, we did a small test. We pinged their server from different locations of the world. Here is the result of our test.
In our test, the eHost servers respond very quickly. The overall performance was quite satisfactory. We can not expect premium performance from a budget host.
Cons of eHost Web Hosting Services
Going forward, let’s have a quick run through some of the drawbacks of eHost hosting services:
They do provide transfer assistance but not free.
Data transferring from the previous web host is a big chaos on eHost, for that you need to get in touch with their support team, they will generate a request for data transfer for you, and then you need to wait.
Moreover, they do not take responsibility for the data lost or corrupted during transfer.
No Coupon Codes
In the race of alluring customers with attractive coupons codes, eHost is lagging behind.
They don’t offer any coupon codes to their customers, however, they keep introducing discounts from time to time to compete with this tactic of their contenders.
Not HIPPA Compliant
Another drawback of eHost is that it is not HIPPA compliant, which makes it unreliable for the hosting sensitive business like health and insurance which require HIPPA compliant web hosting services to store their patients & clients data.
eHost Coupon – Save Over $100
There are not many eHost Coupons are available on the internet. As the web host is getting popular, we have managed to get an eHost Coupon for our visitors that will help you save 50% on web hosting purchase from eHost.
This eHost coupon not only gives you the 50% discount but also come with a lot of other benefits, such as
- A free domain name for life of your hosting account
- A Website builder to create a website by just drag & drop
- An Online Store to create an online shopping portal
- Free templates
- Free professional email addresses on your domain
- $100 ad credits to advertise on Yahoo/Bing
- 1 GB cloud space on JustCloud
- SEO Tools & Tips to help you rank your website higher in search results
- Blog tools to set up your blog in just a few clicks
- $50 value support suite to get started quickly and easy
Does this offer excite you?
We hope you must be excited to claim this offer.
If yes, here the exact steps that you should follow to get the benefit of this eHost promotion which is for a limited period of time and currently available to the new customers only.
eHost Coupon: Steps to Be Followed To Active eHost 50% Discount Offer
To successfully activate the deal, follow all the steps as mentioned below.
- Step 1: Visit eHost Website.
- Step 2: After you click on the link mentioned above, you will be taken to the eHost’s official website where you’ll see that the actual price of eHost web hosting services has been discounted by 50%. See the image below.
- Step 3: Now click on the “Get Started Now” button as seen in the above image. You will be taken to the next page where you will be asked to choose a domain name you want to register. This domain will be free for you until your you keep your account active with eHost. If you already have a domain name, choose the option “I already own a domain” and proceed further. See the image below
- Step 4: Enter your domain name you wish to register and choose the domain extension. There are 12 domain extensions are available to choose from i.e .com, .net, .org, .biz, .us, .eu, .info, .ca, .name, .site, .online, .website. Now click on the button “Get My Domain“.
- Step 5: On the next screen you’ll be asked to enter your details to setup your account. Enter those details and proceed. See the image below.
- Step 6: After you enter the details and click on the “Continue” button, you will be taken to the “Order Page” where you will see that the 50% discount has been activate for you and all other benefits has also been attached with your purchase. See the image below.
- Step 7: Make a payment. you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email account with all your account details. If you stuck somewhere & need a help, get in touch with the eHost support team.
Hurray! You have successfully activated the eHost Coupon and saved over $100 on your purchase.
Now feel free to share your experience with your friends by sharing this article on your Facebook wall.
You can also get in touch with us for any query using our contact us page.
Final Verdict: Should You Buy eHost Web Hosting
After reviewing the services of other web hosting service providers, I still feel that eHost’s web hosting services are pretty uplifting. It’s always nice to recognize that there is a web host that leaves no stone unturned to provide outstanding services and fulfills what it claim on their site. Well, to conclude, I would say:
- eHost provides you precisely what they propose you online.
- There is nothing hidden in their prices
- No “FREE” propositions that aren’t free in real.
- Most web hosting companies push you to subscribe to their services for a longer period. While eHost offers you a price cut if you make a commitment for a longer period and pay in advance, nevertheless you can also opt for the monthly billing option. It indeed demonstrates that they’re self-assured about the very fact that you will definitely like their services, and will stay with them for a longer run.
So, if you’re in search for a web hosting provider that offers feature-rich, user-friendly, affordable, unlimited web hosting services, eHost is the web host you can bet upon.
As I mentioned before as well, you can host your blog, website, eCommerce store or a forum with eHost.
They also offer a website builder that you can use to create your own website with just a few clicks. They offer thousands of free website templates with their website builder.
Not to mention, the company do offers pocket-friendly web hosting plans that start from $2.75 per month. You also get a free domain name of your choice with every eHost plan (that is an additional saving for you).
To my mind, eHost is a web hosting company for anyone running a personal blog, small business or a small eCommerce business. It can handle few hundreds of visits every day.
Although we’ll not recommend eHost to host high traffic websites or applications that need lots of computing resources.
So buy eHost web hosting with confidence as it comes with a 45-day money back guarantee.