Managed WordPress Hosting is a good web hosting solution for anyone wants to focus their own work rather than spending time in managing their website hosting.
The only disadvantage of a managed WordPress hosting solution is its price. The cost is the main reason people become very choosy in picking a managed WordPress hosting. They do proper research about the web hosting options available in the market and study their pros and cons before they actually made a purchase.
In this article, we’re going to mention the top 3 managed WordPress hosting solutions that are powered by the Google cloud.
But before we continue and tell you the top 3 hosts, let us tell you a bit more about the managed WordPress hosting and its advantages and disadvantages.
What is Managed WordPress Hosting?
As we all know WordPress is the most popular content management system. As per the latest article published on CodeinWp, WordPress runs 27% of the entire internet. Around 15,886,000 websites running on the internet are powered by WordPress. This huge popularity of WordPress give web hosting companies a reason to start a specialized service for WordPress and they came up with Managed WordPress Web Hosting solutions.
Managed WordPress hosting is a specialized service offered by a web host where all technical aspects of running a WordPress website is taken care by the hosting company. That means the user need not to worry about WordPress security, website uptime, updates, WordPress site speed, daily backups, and scalability. All of these things will be managed by the hosting provider.
The best thing about this web hosting solution is “the premium support”. All managed WordPress hosting solutions are usually backed by priority support by WordPress experts.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Managed WordPress Hosting
- Speed: It is the biggest advantage of any managed WordPress hosting. Most of the time a web hosting provider use cloud environment that is backed by a strong content delivery network to provide such solution.
- Support by WordPress Expert: Unlike any other shared hosting solution, you get priority support directly from the WordPress experts.
- Daily Backups: The web hosting provider usually offers a free daily backup facility with your hosting plan.
- Updates: All the updates of WordPress versions and plugins are taken care by the web hosting provider.
- Development Tools: If you’re a developer, you can also take the advantages of the development tools that comes with the managed hosting solution, such as staging area, version control etc.
- Security: When you switch to a managed hosting provider, your website becomes hacker proof.
- Price: As we already mentioned earlier in this article that a managed WordPress hosting solution is costly compared to a shared hosting plan. These are usually 10 times more costly than a standard shared hosting solution.
- Less Control: As it is a managed solution and web host is managing it for you, you get lesser control to manage it yourself.
Best Managed WordPress Hosting Powered By Google Cloud
Kinsta is among the very first hosts who adopts Google cloud platform to power their WordPress hosting. Companies like Unisoft, Ricoh, GE, ASOS, Workforce, AsEspresso, Siteminder and much more are already using Kinsta managed WordPress hosting services.
Every month 5 Billion HTTP requests and 75 terabytes of data is transferred on Kinsta’s network.
Kinsta offers business, enterprise and customer plans for their managed WordPress hosting solutions. The business plan starts at $100 per month
The business plan starts at $100 per month and supports one WordPress installation.
The enterprise plan starts from $600 per month and 40 WordPress installations.
If you have any big requirement, you can also go for the custom plan.
Some of the major advantages of Kinsta hosting are
- Choice of data center
- Free website migration
- Customer support by WordPress experts
- Daily off-site backups
- Unlimited page views/visits
- Highly secured network
Closte is a new name in the managed WordPress hosting industry. Their managed hosting is powered by Google cloud platform.
The best part is, they are comparatively cheaper than Kinsta. Their hosting plans start from as low as $10 per month.
Some of the best features of Closte are
- Free website migration
- Free SSL certificate
- Automated incremental backups
- Automatic WordPress updates
- 80+ CDN locations
- USA & EU Datacenter locations
- Full page, ESI & object cache
- Developer features like GIT, Staging, Multiple PHP, Composer
If you would like to know more about Closte, you should read their introduction blog post.
Cloudways is a leading managed cloud hosting platform that let you host your website with major cloud hosting providers like Google, Amazon etc.
Using Cloudways platform, you can easily host your website directly on Google cloud platform.
If you are a normal WordPress user and don’t know how to manage a cloud platform, hosting a WordPress site directly on Google cloud could be a big challenge for you.
First, you have to purchase an instance on Google Cloud Engine, and then you have to create an SSH connection, which is a complex thing for a non-technical person. This is where Cloudways comes into the picture. It provides you an easy to use platform that you can use to host your site with Google cloud.
Some of the major features of Cloudways are
- 1-Click installer for WordPress
- 24*7 tech support
- Dedicated IPs
- User-friendly interface to manage servers
- Real-time server performance monitoring
- Automated backups
- Multi-SSL installations on the same IP
- One free migration
If you find their solution interesting, you can read this blog post to understand how Cloudways can help you host WordPress.